This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MoreMomentsWithExcedrin #CollectiveBias
I have been a stay at home mom since Brayden was born in 2009, almost 8 years. It’s been a time of my life where some days felt like they would never end, and sometimes I dreamed about leaving it behind and going to work. Now, don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a debate over who “works” harder. I have friends that work full time and I don’t know how they do it but they do. I have friends that stay home, and I can almost bet that sometimes they feel the way I did.
After I was a teacher’s aide at the school the kids attend, I got my substitute teaching certificate and eased back into that when Kenley was old enough for me to leave her for a day. I still do this quite often, because now that Brayden is in school all day, it’s really the best of both worlds. I get to work and leave at the end of the day with Brayden. It’s also a plus that I am friends with the teachers there, and it makes it a little more fun.
Lately I am substitute teaching, working for my parents, running my photography business, blogging, being a Beachbody coach, and very occasionally filling in at my friend’s boutique. Yes, it’s insane, but I really do love it. It also means that on any given day, I have to channel several parts of my brain– from my photography to teaching to marketing to mom. Here’s what I carry in my bag to help facilitate ALL of that PLUS whatever else life throws at me!
- Laptop: When I am subbing, I generally have a prep period where I can check my email, log into my Beachbody account and check that, and do some blog stuff. Most of what I do for my parents business I can do on the go as well, so I never leave home without my laptop.
- iPad: I have the Kindle app and have my books on there for any free time I have.
- Notebook: I scribble down ideas, lists, and to-do’s in this notebook. I try not to leave home without this either!
- Wallet: Some days, instead of carrying both a purse and my big bag, I just transfer my wallet so I don’t have to worry about both.
- My planner: My husband makes fun of me for still using a paper planner, but I don’t think I will ever stop using one! I keep track of everything in here- my appointments, sub schedule, photography schedule, blog editorial schedule, and kid’s appointments as well as special events (birthdays and anniversaries) and the kid’s school schedule.
- Snacks: I keep healthy snacks with me at all times in case I need one! Bars and banana chips are just a couple of my favorites!
- Excedrin® Extra Strength: Between the balance of work, motherhood, and life, I tend to get headaches pretty easily. I carry these with me so I can have relief and still carry on with my day, whatever that entails! For some, relief can come as soon as 15 minutes– and that’s just what I need to power through.
It’s been an adjustment going from mostly staying at home to barely being home- but I really can’t complain. Being able to lend my talents to my parent’s business has been a huge blessing. Subbing in the same school as my kiddos? Another huge perk! All of my part time jobs have been instrumental in easing me back into the work/life balance that I had the privilege of not worrying about for the last 7.5 years.
Being on the go more and trying to take care of my overall health and lifestyle has been something I have had to figure out along the way. Along with changing my diet and incorporating more water, I have learned to listen to my body more. It’s tough to push through with this many demands so at the first sign of a headache, I take Excedrin® Extra Strength (for everyday headaches). It provides fast relief so I can keep going with my day, no matter what I happen to be doing! Be sure to use as directed.
My headaches vary as well. If I am doing a lot of blogging and photo editing, the tension headaches tend to set in. Excedrin® Tension Headache provides aspirin free headache relief from tension headaches. If I am teaching or on my feet a lot, my head seems to hurt in a different area. No matter what, Excedrin® keeps me going so I can be the best possible version of whatever I am doing on any day.
Look for Excedrin® at your local Walmart and check them out on Facebook!